Wednesday, October 21, 2009

'Calabacitas Guisada' (Stewed Mexican Zucchini)




INGREDIENTS

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 small white onion, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
salt to taste
1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS

Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat; cook the onion and garlic in the hot oil until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the zucchini slices and stewed tomatoes and stir gently. Cover and cook until the zucchini is tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat, season with salt, and add the Cheddar cheese; allow to sit until the cheese has melted.

Enjoy!

These were ok. Not what I expected. I doubt I will be making them again. They were missing something but I am not sure what.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

These look sooooo good, were they just too bland or what? They look like they would make an awesome side to chicken. Mmmmm...

Jennifer Haas said...

Yummm. My kids love veggies. I will have to try this one out!